Sunday 27 August 2017

Crafting with Dragonflies

Time for a new challenge at Crafting with dragonflies. This time it's 'Birthday cards with a cake or cakes'. Here's my inspiration for you.


I made a pop up box card using some card stock from my stash. I added cup cake toppers from apack of papers I bought at Lidls store.

The paper and card making stuff from this store is a life line for us crafters here in Cyprus as we have to buy the majority of our goodies on line or rely on friends going back to the UK for family time. Beware anyone who says 'Can I bring you anything back' Answer is usually a shipping order!! Craft shops are very, very thin on the ground here. Basically it's bookstores and stationary shops only.

I hand cut the balloons and candles. The 'Happy Birthday' sentiment is cut using a retro Happy Birthday die from Joanne Sheen. This is another online store that is used often by us crafters as the postage is free over a certain amount. Whoopppeee!!Finally the gold 'streamers' were hand cut slivers of gold paper curled with scissors.

I hope you have fun making your cards and don't forget this is a card only challenge for fun. I look forward to visiting you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pop-up box,love the balloons and cupcake toppers
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete