Sunday 14 May 2017

Unstampabelles 'Layering and Borders'

Well we're mid way through the month and the Unstampabelles monthly challenge. Where do the days go?

We are looking for any layered creations with a an edging punch or die also being used. There's a great prize on offer too.



Some pretty edging dies. Now who wouldn't want to win these!!
 
 
Here is my inspiration for you.
 
 
I have made a Double Pocket Diamond Easel card with a punched border.
 
I started by creating the pocket element first, using a 8 x8 square of light weight card folded to create the pockets. My inspiration came from this video on  youtube Click on link to see the process of making it. It's not easy to describe but the video is very clear.
 
After making the pockets I added the layering of papers from a paper pack a friend shared with me. Not sure where it was from but may have been from OZ as she recently visited Sydney.
This was then added to a square piece of card stock to make the top diamond.
 
 Then I used another piece of square card for the base and added a layer of the same paper.  The top easel element was then adhered with hi tac tape.
 
This was then placed on the fancy border edged element. This was made using a Martha Stewart Around the Page Punch. The strip behind the stopper was made using this same punch.
 
The stopper is a tiny oval die from a magazine which again was borrowed from a friend. Thank you Christine. I cut it several times and layered it up. Then I added the tiny silk rose bud.
 
Two of the tags are die cuts and one was in my stash. You can add anything to the pockets really. Each tag has a sentiment added. Then I placed a ribbon bow and silk rosebuds to finish! Phewwwww!!
 
A challenging card to make but worth it when finished.
 
I hope you feel inspired to join us. For more ideas pop over to Unstampabelles (link in side bar)
 
 
Have lovely week. I'm off on holiday shortly so may not be able to view your comments or visit you til I return. So be good!!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, Wynn, this is amazing. I love all the pockets for your pretty tags. I'm going to check out this Youtube video.

    ReplyDelete