Saturday 6 May 2017

'Lots of Flowers'

I can't believe we are into May already. Time has wings for me anyway!! This fortnight at Crafting with Dragonflies Hilde wants us to use flowers on our cards. This is always a popular theme with our followers so I expect we'll get lots of lovely creations from you.
#
Here is my inspiration for you.

This a fold I've used once or twice lately. It begins with a piece of A4 card folded landscape orientation. Then I added a matt of floral card. The little top 'card' is an oblong piece of patterned co ordinating card stock. This is folded to create a gate fold which opens out and a sentiment or image can be placed inside. Sorry I forgot to take a photo of it opened before I sent it. The closure is made using two die cut flowers, one large and one small one, and are glued on opposite sides. The smaller ones acts as a 'lock' over lapping the larger one slightly.

To finish I cut two border strips in the same patterned card and placed them at the edge of the floral matt. I die cut some smaller flowers and added those at each end of the strips. Gems were added to the centers of the flowers.

I hope I've inspired you to get creative with your flowers for this challenge at Crafting with Dragonflies. For more inspiration click on the link in the sidebar to see what the rest of the team have created. Don't forget this is a fun challenge for cards only.

I hope you have a crafty week and I look forward to visiting you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment