Sunday 7 May 2017

'Anything Asian'

Good Morning crafters. It's time for another challenge at CD Sunday and this time Jane has chosen 'Anything Asian'. We had some lovely entries for the  last challenge , the 'Sketch', chosen by Carol. The results for the Birthday prize and Pauline's for 'Spring Colours' are up on the blog now.

 Sadly Pauline is stepping down from the Design Team because of health issues. We are so sorry to see her go as she has been a wonderful team member not only for  her creativity but also her friendship and support. We  hope all goes well for you Pauline.

Now for my inspiration for your for 'Anything Asian'.


I have used a CD by Joanne Sheen 'Oriental Dreams' for my creation. I used to pieces of A4 card stock to create the main card. I scored one piece at one inch on the long side and folded it. Then I cut the other in half to A5 size. This was adhered along the fold of the first piece.

The card was covered in the background paper from the CD. The circular toppers were die cut and a die cut border placed around them and then put on the front and inner back panel. I also placed a silver tassel to the middle image. This was also from Joanne Sheen. This middle image overlaps the card front. The inner verse was die cut with an oval die and lined up with the front topper. so when closed you only see the front image. I finished with the green flower gems  and a peel off greeting.

I hope you'll be inspired to join Jane's challenge at CD Sunday. For more inspiration please visit the challenge blog (link in sidebar)

Have a lovely week and I look forward to visiting you soon.

8 comments:

  1. I 'zoomed' in on your photo Wynn as I couldn't see the BP properly - it's really beautiful. I love the design of your card blank and a great idea to 'hide' the sentiment behind the front topper.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wynn what a pretty card and the colours are lovely.

    Debs xxx
    {Debs Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning image Wynn, a great idea to use it the way you did,it's a beautiful card with the tassel adding a touch of luxury.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, and an unusual design, love your tassel on the main image,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is really beautiful Wynn, great choice of image and papers and I love the style of the card. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all that you do with your cards Wynn. I feel a bit guilty when I just stick to my 'Square is a shape!' philosophy.
    A great card.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card, the shape, the choice of images, the tassel and that beautiful border!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really lovely Wynn and with an added tassel too.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete