Monday 30 January 2017

'Thank You' at Ooh La La

 
Good Morning crafters. Over at Ooh La La  Janice has chosen the theme 'Thank You'. After the holiday season of gift exchanges I always seem to be sending thank yous.....mainly for the beautiful cards I've received....not so many gifts for me at my age!! So this theme seems very appropriate.
Our challenge last time was chosen by Jane, 'For Man or Boy' and her Top Three are on the OLL challenge blog now (link in sidebar).
For you inspiration this time I have chosen the CD 'Fleur D'Imagination' to play with. There are lots are very pretty floral images on this CD and choosing one is so difficult. You can purchase from the OLL online store here .ooh-la-la-creations. You will also find some lovely freebies in the shop too. Enjoy browsing!!

 

The card is a new shape for me shown to us by one of crafters at my craft group. It uses the 'banner' shape and I thought no way will it stand up but it does no bother at all. I used 300gsm card stock to make the main card and covered it with a delicate lilac card from my stock. The a layer of white card stock which I'd embossed with the dotty folder was placed over this. I then diecut an oval in the same lilac card, again embossed with the dots, and diecut a smaller oval over the image from the CD and layered them. After placing it centrally on the card I added a 'Thank You' greeting and two card candies in matching lilac. Et Voila!!

I hope I've inspired you to join the challenge and perhaps to use a different shape like I have done. I am always on the look out for new shapes so I hope I'm going to be inspired by you and I'll be visiting you to say a big 'THANK YOU'!!

Have fun!

8 comments:

  1. Wynn this is such a beautiful project.
    This will also be perfect for one entry as an anything goes creation for our challenge below.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a new shaped card to me too Wynn, it's lovely! Super thank you card and another lovely butterfly image, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the shape of your card Wynn, the oval image is the perfect shape for it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Wynn love the shape.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love shaped cards and this is a new shape to me, I am sure I will be doing this shape on a card soon.
    Love your design and the beautiful image, gorgeous colours

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Wynne, the screw headed brads came from Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009EPHYUG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I use them a lot, as I like making masculine cards
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane. Hadn't thought of Amazon xxx

      Delete
  7. What a fun card shape! Never thought to try that. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete