Sunday 11 December 2016

'Twas the Night before Christmas' at CD Sunday

Sorry this is late I thought I'd scheduled this but it was still in draft duh! Think this Christmas melarky is getting to me this year!!

This is our final challenge of the year at CD Sunday and appropriately Jocelyn has chosen ' 'Twas the Night before Christmas'. The 'Sparkle and Shine' results are up on the blog now. These were chosen by me and I had some great entries to chose from....clever crafters.

For your inspiration this time I chose to play with a new CD to me Raymond Briggs ' Father Christmas ' from Crafter Companion.


I began with A4 white card stock and ran the front through a large dotty embossing folder. I printed off the Father Christmas image and off set it over some midnight blue card stock. The little verse is also from the CD .
 
'The stockings
are hung by
the chimney
with care. In
hopes that
St. Nick
would soon
be there.'
 
The greeting is also from the CD. I hung some string and pegged mini stockings across one corner. Finally I added stars to the midnight blue card. Eh Voila!
 
I would like to wish all our followers a very Merry Christmas and a Peaceful Healthy 2017.
 
Have fun!!



7 comments:

  1. It looks as though Santa is preparing for bed after a busy night, lots of "twas the night before Christmas " features the stockings the rhyme and Santa, love it Wynn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wyn. I love the thought of Santa with a hotwater bottle. I have one on my back at the moment. You seem to have enjoyed using the Ramond Briggs CD. Great card.
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Wynn and exactly the verse I was thinking of when I chose my theme. Love the little pegs on the stockings.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like your Santa is getting ready for early., it's a great image and a perfect for the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card Wynn, such a jolly Santa and I love the stockings hung up with the little pegs.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great image-could do with a hot water bottle right now tbh -love the pegged stockings
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete