Saturday 10 October 2015

Dragonflies are Recycling

Over at Crafting with Dragonflies it's CG's turn to choose the challenge. She would like you to create a card using something that normally wouldn't be used in crafting.

I thought I'd show an idea that I may have shared with you before.....not sure. Forgive me if I have but I thought it was such a simple but effective idea that it was worth showing to you again.

 I had been given some paint colour strips that you get in DIY stores. One of my crafters had gone a bit crazy and collected dozens of them !!! You know what crafters are like if they see something that might be useful. She didn't have any use for so many so she gave some to me. One of her ideas had been to use them on cards.and she showed us what she had done. The strips of paint colour samples were used as toppers and she then punched out flowers in co-ordinating colours. Here is my take on her idea.


 
Paint colour samples fro DIY store.

 
I started with piece of pink card stock and made a DL card. I trimmed one of the 'strips'  to fit on to a piece of deep plum card stock and rounded the corners of both with a corner punch. Then I punched out small flowers from each colour strip. You will need two 'strips' if you want to create the same card. Mine were matching but you could co ordinate the colours. These were placed in each section and I reversed the colours so the lighter one was placed on top and darkest at the bottom thus creating a contrast of mono tones. I added gems to the centre of the flowers and a bow and greeting banner to finish.
 
 
This one was done by fellow crafter who's idea it was originally.....thank you Christine.
 
Similar idea but using a daisy punch and placing the flowers off centre on each section. She has found more ideas recently in a craft magazine so we'll be playing with those ideas at a later date.....watch this space.
 
So thanks to CG for choosing this challenge and making me revisit this idea. The design team have been creative too with their recycling so click the link for Crafting with Dragonflies in the sidebar and it'll take you direct to the challenge blog. Some fab creations from the team.  Now it's your turn to put your recycling hat on and get creative. Have fun and I look forward to visiting your blogs to see what you've come up with it.
Have a lovely weekend crafters.
 

1 comment: