Sunday 5 July 2015

#48 "Grab a bunch....of flowers" with the Unstampabelles

Good Morning or should I say 'Good Evening' if you're in Cyprus or the UK and 'Good Morning' if you're in Tasmania......due to time differences it's morning already 'down under'.

Yes it's time for our next monthly challenge with the Belles. This time the challenge is to get creative and make your own flowers and the twist is to 'Make a Garden'.

Susan is once again providing a great prize of this lovely embossing folder.

 
Now who wouldn't want to own that. I know I would .....isn't that worth getting creative for?
 
My garden is full of fruit trees but we do have flowers in pots around the patio and pool area so this is what inspired me to create my 'garden'.
 
 
 
 
 
This is my inspiration for you.
 
 
I made a box card and put handmade flowers in it to represent my take of a garden. So a 'garden in a box'. You can find videos on You Tube for the instructions for making the box card. It's very easy to make and folds flat for posting......well flattish in my case as those flowers are a bit bulky!!

This is how I made them. I took a piece of coloured pare and cut it thus.....


It's a long narrow triangle and the fringing is cut evenly across one side. Then all I did was to roll it starting at the narrow end. When rolled and secured with tape I gently pulled up the centre. Then curled the edges and Voila.....my flowers were created!! The green paper was cut free hand to represent the grass. I then added peel off balloons to acetate strips and placed them amongst the flowers. The greeting strip was made with white card stock and I added four matching peel off edging strips to represent a ribbon. The 'Birthday Wishes' greeting was from my stash....not sure where it's from originally.

I had fun so what are you waiting for. Everyone loves flowers and if you pop over to Unstampabelles (link in sidebar) where you will see other inspiring makes from my teamies.

Enjoy and I look forward to visiting your blogs to see your creations.

3 comments:

  1. Evening Wynn wow what wonderful flowers the one's in your garden are beautiful.
    And the one that you have made are stunning im going to have ago at making some
    of your flower's. What a stunning Embossing folder love it.

    Debs xxx
    {Debs Cards}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why not enter with your hand made flowers Deborah!

      Delete
  2. Lovely box of creativity and I love the colours- a neat idea to make the trumpets too. Those box cards are amazing but I haven't seen one in rectangle form before - very inventive. Thanks for being on my team!

    ReplyDelete