Sunday 28 December 2014

A Winter Walk with Carol

Wow it's all over and nearly the end of 2014. Where does the time go. I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and are relaxing now before the New Year's celebrations begin.

We have a lovely theme for you this week at CD Sunday. It was originally Caz's choice but as she stepped down recently Carol is now hosting it. I love walks in the Winter in the UK with the crisp frost on the ground and the sun shining. It's not the same here and that's the one thing my OH always says he misses about the UK.......frosty mornings!!

I found the perfect CD in my collection. "A Walk in the Countryside" by Crafters Companion.


I began with a piece of A4 card stock in cream. I scored it four times equally across the long side. Then I shaped the top of each section into a tag shape. The background paper and toppers on the front section are from the same CD. I added the background paper and shaped it leaving a 5cm border. The two bows are also from this CD. I decorated the three remaining sections with various greetings that are also from a CD but can't remember which one .....sorry. The two sparkly snowflakes I have had for eons in my stash and catch the light beautifully. Finally I added two flat backed white pearls on to the bows and Voila!!!

Now it's your turn. So pop over to CD Sunday and be inspired by what the rest of the team have created.....you won't be disappointed. Remember to follow the theme and use something from a CD on your creation and tell us which CD you've used......cos we are nosey and want to know!!!

Have fun!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love the frosty backing paper you have chosen Wynn and another different fold too.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this screen shaped card Wynn you can do so much with them, great backing paper and the bows look great .Have a very Happy New Year. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Wynn. Although some of our frosty mornings are a bit too nippy for comfort I can see how you miss them.
    Happy New Year
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete