Wednesday 29 October 2014

Dragonflies

Good Morning from Cyprus. It's time for another challenge over at Crafting with Dragonflies. This time Hilde challenged us to make anything but a card and to use, what else, a Dragonfly image.
I decided to alter a notebook as I'd not done this for a while. My stash of notebooks all seem to come in such bright colours. I much prefer softer colours so I'm always changing them and it's a great way to personalise them for a gift. At this time of the year we are always looking for gift ideas. So here's one for you.

I started with a very very bright coloured hard backed notebook.

First of all I removed the spine and then used a base of paper designed by Audrey from the Lilac Garden. It had some beautiful dragonflies and Iris' on it so perfect for the challenge.

 
The sheet included some decoupage dragonflies too.  The words are also on the image sheet and I used my Word programme and enlarged them and added two to the front on some banner tags.
After replacing the spine......bit tricky this so be aware....I tied some fancy threads  randomly down the side. This came in a ball from a local knitting wool shop. I think you could knit with it using some large needles but I find it is a perfect alternative to ribbon for card making.
This is the  inside before and after.
 
(Don't know why this is showing this way it's fine n my Pictures but when I've transferred it to my blog it's swivelled around!!)


This is the inside and as you can see I took the photo before I'd finished the back cover. I used the same designer paper on the back as the inside cover and left it free of embellishments
 
The DP here is from a pack I got free in a card magazine. It's LOTV 'Bonnets and Bowties'. It also has a lovely Happy Birthday stamp with it which will be very useful. I added two more dragonflies from the decoupage sheet and two more word banners with the names of the dragonflies. Here in Cyprus there is a conservation group run by the U3A which identifies and measures etc. dragonflies. They have been very lucky In identifying so many species. One year I was lucky enough to receive a calendar from one of my friends In this group which had been made using photographs of each dragonfly they had found. Some of them were stunning and the variety of colours were amazing. This year I'll be giving her this notebook as a gift. I hope she'll find it useful and appropriate to log her discoveries.
 
I hope you've been inspired to pop over to Crafting with Dragonflies and see what my other teamies have created. Remember it's anything but a card and you must add a dragonfly somewhere on your design. If you don't have one there's a freebie on the blog.
Have fun!!
 


5 comments:

  1. I love this Wynn. Beautifully done. I have done one myself as you know and it is good fun.
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work Wynn - I nearly decorated a book too until I saw what you were doing - mine wouldn't have been as nice as this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fantastic altered notebook! Love the beautiful papers, colours and details. A great design!
    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Mar x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful altering. The covers look fantastic. Thank you for joining our challenge at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet cover and love how you added them to the inside as well. Great take on the challenge and thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete