Sunday 7 September 2014

'Happily Ever After"

Good Sunday Morning to you all. It's Sunday and time for another challenge over at CD Sunday. Sue will be looking through the fab 'Get Well' entries from the last challenge and will let you know her top three later this week. Think it'll be a difficult one for her as there were some lovely 'Get Well' cards created.

This time it's Caz's turn to choose the theme and it's 'Happily Ever After'. Thoughts immediately go to Weddings but it could be an Anniversary.

This is my inspiration for you.

I used A4 cream card stock folded to make an A5 card. For the image I went to trusty Ooh La La 'Everyday Occasions' CD. There's something for everything on this CD and I knew it wouldn't let me down. I mounted the image on gold card stock at an angle and highlight the framed image with gold border peel offs and added tiny hearts to the corners.

The sentiment 'The happy couple' has been in my stash for eons. Not sure who made it but it was a pack of Wedding toppers I bought when I first began crafting.....so very very old. Just shows you keep something long enough and one day 'Voila' you need it. It's lovely as it's premade with three layers and the sentiment is on vellum with a gold ribbon to finish. If you look closely you can see the pink hearts on the tag match the pink heart on the image.....cute eh! I love the sentiment on the topper too "There is a time and a purpose For everything under Heaven"

 I added gold ribbon tied in a knot bow down the side and a strip of gold sentiment ribbon 'True Love' on the opposite side. Finally a die cut gold heart to the top corner to finish off.

This card could be for a Wedding or a Golden Wedding if I just add a 50 to it somewhere I'm sure.

So there you have my inspiration piece for 'Happily Ever After' at CD Sunday. Don't forget to pop over and see what the team have created......there's some goodies I can tell you. If you've been inspired dust the cobwebs off those CD's and join us.....always a great prize to be won. Have fun!!

Challenges: onestitchatatimechallenge........,..#219 Anything goes with a die (heart)
eclecticellapu........Hearts
creativecornerchallenges.........Cutsie Animals
thepapershelter..........Hearts
bastel-traum........Animals

7 comments:

  1. That is such a cut image Wynn, i love your layout and the beautiful heart, as you say it would do nicely for other occasions too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very sweet and lovely creation. You will make the couple very happy with that. Thanks for joining us over at the Paper Shelter this week.
    Love n hugs
    MArie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining in at One Stitch At A Time
    Good luck
    Hugs Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sentiments on this one Wynn and so nice that you used the tag that you have had in your stash. I love it when I can use things I've had for ages - it somehow justifies more purchases - in my head anyway lol!
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Wynn. Great to see someone else using up treasured stash. Sometimes we forget we have got them until they come to light during a sort out.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card Wynn, great image and your layout is super. Love the sentiments and it is good when you can use something you collected quite a while ago in the design.
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like the heart on this and it just finished off a lovely card.
    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete