Sunday 13 July 2014

Christine's "Kind and Caring Thoughts"

Good Sunday Morning to you. Well it's that time again for another fab challenge at CD Sunday. This fortnight Christine has chosen the lovely theme of  'Kind and Caring Thoughts'.

I really enjoyed my browse through my CDs to find something suitable. I came across many but finally chose one from Debbi Moore's Shabby Chic Vintage Rose. The verse, background paper and elements are all from this fab CD.

My craft group were to make a 'spinner' card so I took everything I'd printed off along to the class and this is what I created.


The sentiment spins around and there are more butterflies on the reverse. I have also added three matching gems at the bottom left and some handtied blue ribbon on the skewer.
I may ink up the wooden skewer but the colour at present does match the base card, so at the moment it stays in it's 'raw' state. The 'keepers' are large metal eyelets, as I couldn't find any beads with a large enough hole for the skewer to go through. One of my crafters has since given me some pretty blue ones, thank you Christine, so I may disassemble the mechanism and add them instead.

" May the wings of the butterfly
kiss the sun
and find your shoulder to light on
To bring you both
happiness and wishes
Today, tomorrow and beyond."
 
Irish Blessing
 
I hope you all enjoy browsing though your CD's as much as I did. I look forward to seeing the many 'Kind and Caring Thoughts' out there in blogland. My teamies over at CD Sunday have found some wonderful sentiments, so grab a cuppa and over you go to take a peep......you know you won't be disappointed. So many talented crafters!!

                                 Challenges:
cceestampers.......Repurpose something (wooden meat skewer)
cutecardthursday.......Paper Pretties #329

eclecticellapu...........Butterfly
pictureandscrap........Bright Colours
tando-creative-challenges......Come Fly With Me

11 comments:

  1. A great card Wynn. I have never made a 'spinner' card and yours looks very intriguing. I love the sentiment. Any sentiment that includes butterflies is always so effective.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab idea , i have never made a spinner card but i love the idea , i do like the verse you used with this Wynn.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Wynn and like Carol I haven't made a 'spinner' card either. A super sentiment and for me, anything with or relating to butterflies is a bonus.
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, very pretty and I love the design. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
    Sarah-Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card.
    Thanks for joining our challenge at Card and Scrap.
    DT-Gitte.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tak for du er med på udfordringen hos Card and scrap.
    DT Sanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty papers and I like the spin effect. Lovely words too.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Card and scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this fabulously fun design with your spinning sentiment! Thank you for sharing this wonderful card with the CCEE Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card. Love the sentiment and the colours! Thanks for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu - Purple

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty. Thanks for joining us at Tando this month.

    ReplyDelete