Wednesday 5 February 2014

Vintage style altered tin

Good morning everyone, Can't believe it's Wednesday already and time for another challenge with Dragonflies.

This time we were challenged to alter a tin or jar and give it a Vintage look. Now I just love altering stuff so I was jumping for joy with this challenge!! The sponsors, Digistamps4Joy, gave us digis to play with and I went with a lovely lady. This led me to alter an empty coffee tin that had been put to one side for times such as these...........never throw anything out cos you don't know when you'll need it. How many times do crafters say this!!



The lady made me think of boudoirs so I set about altering the tin to put on my dressing table. I thought I'd put some of my costume jewellery in it.

                                                                               Before

After
 
I used broad white florist's ribbon around the outside. I had a broken string of pearls so I  looped some around the tin. Tied organza ribbon around and fasten it in a large bow. I had recently been sent some lovely crocheted flowers in a swap, which was ideal for a vintage look. I adhered one to the middle of the bow and added a pearl to the centre of the crocheted flower.
 
Close up of digi used
 
 I printed the digi on to a circle of white card and matted it on to a paper lace doiley. Some clear hearts and flowers from my stash were added to bling it up. Finally a tiny pink organza rose added for her corsage.
 
The sponsor .digistamps4joy has generously offered  $10 for first prize. So what are you waiting for go and pop over to crafting-with-dragonflies. and check out the challenge and take a peek at what the rest of the dragonflies have altered.
 
This is a fun challenge so go ahead and have some fun!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment