Sunday 5 January 2014

Pretty in Pink

Wishing all my followers and crafty friends a very happy and healthy 2014.
        Let's hope it's a good one!!!

                                                         So a New Year and a new start.

 My first good news for 2014 is that I have been invited to join the Design Team at CD Sunday. I have been a guest designer for CD Sunday once or twice this year so when I was asked to join this team of really friendly crafters I just couldn't resist. I am truly honoured and excited.

 For the challenges at CD Sunday you must use a CD to qualify for some fab prizes. So something a bit more challenging and an opportunity to dust off all those CD's.

Christine has chosen the theme for team A this week "Pretty in. Pink "

I am showing you one of the last Christmas cards I made before going into hospital. It was made at my Craft Group. The design came from a Making Cards magazine....not sure who the designer was. If anyone knows please advise me and I'll give them credit. I havenot tried this technique before. It was a tricky card to make but very effective.






The design of the tree was traced on to card then alternate strips were cut. When completed it was eased across and a snowflake brad was attached down the side as a stopper....like an easel card standing up!!

The CD I used was ' A Walk in the Countryside' by Cupcake Crafting. I used two matching background papers and the plain pink one has a lovely lace effect edging. I added pink and green sequins down the side to match the front background paper. Silvery peel offs were added to the branches and the Happy Christmas sentiment from my stash, was added. Some of my crafters added gems to their branches. This card really twinkles when the light catches.

At my craft group everyone is given the same design/task/technique, but they stamp their own creativity on it thus each one is always so different. It's a joy to see at the end of each session.

Try to pop over to CD Sunday Challenge to see the cards the rest of my teamies have created, you won't be disappointed. I hope you'll be inspired to join in the challenge. Don't forget to dust off those CD's and have fun!!

Challenges:
ooh-la-la-creationschallenges....Winter Wonderland
paradeyourcrafts......Christmas/Winter projects
toptiptuesday......Christmas #117
craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2......anything Christmas
dreamtimedesigns.........try a new technique # 3
emergencycrafterschallenge.....snow ...add a snowflake (added snowflake brad)
creativeknockouts......all that glitters
happycamperscc......Christmas
inthepinkchallenge......it's Christmas
craftitudechallenges.........Anything goes.....Christmas Sparkle

No comments:

Post a Comment